We are now in the fifth year of employee meetings. The first four years were pivotal in helping steer and achieve our corporate goals.
The purpose of these meetings are two fold. First is to give you all a chance to hear directly how we are doing on our corporate goals and receive updates on our big projects. Secondly, and more important it gives us a chance to dialogue about the questions and suggestions you have.
The folks on Stevens Rd shared with me their real passion to support more clinical research. They are doing great work with one of the partnerships on sensory integration I mentioned in last week's wrap up. In Mountainside we tried a little exercise looking at the top things the organization should be focused on. We got great suggestions from our discussions. In EIP I heard loud and clear that when we do the construction fro the new therapy site, they want to be included! The doctor's reminded me how important it is that we stay focused on making sure our children can continue to get services, in light of the health care reform discussions that are going on nationally.
Her are some of the things we did immediately since the meetings started. I know more suggestions are still to come. If you go to the intranet, you will see a listing of all of the presentations and posters that people within the organization have done. Make sure your presentations are included if you do not see them there. More importantly, it provides with the information of what resources are available to you. Check it out if you want to know who is an expert in a certain area.
Human Resources will be reaching out to employees to do a check on how things are going. A very good point is that we meet with people when they leave for exit interviews but maybe we should be touching base, "just because". With 1200 employees it is not going to be an easy task. We know from our employee satisfaction survey that our 5to 10 year employees have lower satisfaction scores than the rest of the organization, so we will begin there. It is all about extending ourselves in many different ways to make sure we are meeting your needs as employees.
You can post questions anonymously here if you feel intimidated in large groups or email me directly. I want to hear from you and truly appreciate the chance to have these conversations.
I wan to thank all of you for what you do for our children and for Children's Specialized Hospital. It is truly an honor to work with each of you.
6 comments:
Amy,
I want to thank you for the personal commitment that you make to attend all of these meetings (twice a year!). It goes a long way toward instilling our organizational values!
Thanks Again!
I am sort of a low man on the totem pole for CSH, I always feel greatly inspired to keep up the good work I feel I do when we have these meetings. I, however, can not help but fear for my job. I don't know so much that it has to do with CSH but maybe the terrible economy. I know the meetings are meant to ease some fears that people may have but since I am a low man on the totem pole, I still fear where I will be in the next 6 months to a year and just hope that I can still be here.
Amy
This is an idea that is worth doing. Just "touching base" with employees to see what is on their minds, their individual concerns, may prevent some from having that "exit interview".
HR will be reaching out to the 5-10 year employees to ask 3 questions-"What should we stop? What should we start? and What should we continue?" You do not have to do the interview but we know our scores on the employee satisfaction survey were lower for this group, even though al of teh scores were very high-above 90% for employee satisfaction. As always, I would encourage you to be talking with your Supervisor, Mamager, Director VP or me if you are not happy. We can't always fix it but at least you will have a better understanding as to the thoguth process of why.
A couple of reactions-first and I truly am sincere when I say this-there are no "low people on the totem pole". I may not always do it as well as I would like, but every time we meet, I try and stress that every person in this organization has an integral role to play in whether or not we can meet the needs of the children,whether you ever "touch" a child or not. One of the reasons we did as well as we did in the long term care survey in Mountainside, after all of the dedication of the clinical care component, is that the building was spotless. The Facilities and Environmental Services staff worked like crazy to make sure it look perfect. And it did. And it mattered.
There are no guarantees about any of our jobs but here is what I am certain of,if we are coming in everyday , not only doing our jobs, but being part of the entire team that is working together, offering a hand when someone is lost, or offering to help when we know an area is at risk of a survey or really extending ourselves as we would to our friends and family, we will be here. We will be here because our patient needs have been met, we will be getting kids in for service, we will be helping each other out when we get jammed up or have a deadline. you are alla key piece of the well oiled machine we want it to be.
Hi Amy THANK YOU!! As an employee and a parent your Employee meetings bring tears to my eyes.As an employee I know youare theie for us and as a parent I know you are fighting for us and our childrens so we are never forgotten.THAnk You Nancy Panarese
Post a Comment