Okay we are coming to the end of our first week on the new system. I recently heard a very funny story that I thought would make you smile. This made me wonder whether you may have ironic or funny Meditech stories. If you do, or have heard some, please share! They can be coping stories or just incidental things that have come up.
Joe Assante, facilities, was in the cafeteria in Mountainside when Pat De Martino, director of IT and point man on the whole magilla, came in with Joe Dobosh, CFO. Assante gives DeMartino and odd look and says to Pat "Why are you here? Isn't today is the big day? I am sure of it. I have seen signs all over the place. Isn't today the big Meditech Lunch?”
Pat completely deadpan responds "It's launch, not lunch. Today is the big launch."
Joe was of course pulling his leg trying to lighten the moment but I did laugh out loud.
How about you? Any stories?
I keep hearing threats to "dress" the cows with skirts so they look like Rosie the maid from the Jetsons! I’d love to see that!
2 comments:
This was completely coincidental but it made me laugh hard. I cover the front desk when needed and myself and another fellow administration worker were both doing all we could to get the patients registered promptly and without a big to-do. She was going to lunch so I was going to cover the front desk, I sit down...log on and look over and she has sitting to the side hidden, a bottle of Excedrin and Tums.. I don't know why but sitting down to that really made me laugh.
So you may have heard this one already but I know it made me laugh. A story was shared by a friend who works at another facility where Computers on Wheels (COWS)have long been used. And on the maternity units, the COWs with meds on them are also known a "pregnant COWs". Apparently the story goes, that a nurse, having just left a pregnant patients room with her COW was heard by the patient to tell her Coworker that she had just finished with the pregant COW and was moving it to the next room. Needless to say, the pregnant woman overhearing this was quite indignant to think that the nurse was referring to her as a pregnant COW. Just goes to show that you need to think about what and where you say things as they can always be taken out of context. Also - suggestion made to refer to them not as COWs but WOWs - Workstations on Wheels.
Post a Comment