Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Toms River Superstar shines in the face of Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy affected a number of our employees. One employee in particular was left to rebuild her house while also managing her every day responsibilities as the OT supervisor at Lakehurst Road.

Did that stop Nichole Turmelle from going out of her way to help others? No way!
Nichole and her daughter, Ziesha
After Hurricane Sandy, the Foundation began fundraising efforts to help provide assistance through our Employee Crisis Fund to our employees who experienced damage to their homes. Nichole didn’t hesitate for a moment to share her story at radiothons and other local events.

She even put on a tutu with her daughter and participated in our Dance Dash 5k!

She is also one of those employees who recognizes important milestones for their colleagues. When Kimberly Malony (Foundation, Lakehurst Road) returned from her maternity leave, she was welcomed with a hand-knitted sweater for her son that Nichole had made for him.

Nichole’s thoughtfulness for her patients and their families, as well as her colleagues is apparent in everything that she does. We are so thankful that she is a part of the Children’s Specialized Hospital Family.

Do you know someone that should be recognized on Access Amy for something they’ve done at Children’s Specialized Hospital? I’d love to hear! Share below in the comments or send an e-mail to Megan Muller at memuller@childrens-specialized.org

5 comments:

Amy said...

Three cheers for Nichole...I don't know what I would do without her. She is an enormous asset to the Feeding Team. I am incredibly lucky to work with such a smart, caring, eager, positive and energetic woman!!

Amanda said...

Nichole is amazing! I am impressed by her leadership and organization every day! She is a true star in all she does - work, home life and her fun activities!

Anonymous said...

Nichole is absolutely awesome. She is a true Superstar!

Shavane

Jill Harris said...

Nichole is the real deal- kind, smart, dedicated, skilled, can be counted on, etc, etc. So proud to know her!

Roseann said...

I don't get to interact with Nichole as often as I'd like, but I always find her to be very comprehensive in providing excellent care, and a pleasure to work with. She also is a fantastic presenter!