Think
back on the last decade or so; think about how far technology has come. Portable
DVD players and digital cameras were becoming popular. Today, we get both
features in our cell phone!
I’m
sure I don’t speak for myself when I say that I’ve taken a lot of these
technological advances for granted over the last few years. For example, my
iPhone!
With
my iPhone, I can FaceTime all of my loved ones and relatives in a real-time way
from anywhere in the world at any time. A few friends and I were recently
recalling standing in line in college during the ‘80s to use the payphone! Can
you imagine having to schedule a weekly call to your home from a payphone,
instead of picking up your personal cell phone from anywhere and just tapping
the screen?
I
remember using FedEx for the first time and thinking it was insane that it
could be sent over night. Today, we can “Zip” a document and send it anywhere in
the world immediately.
Ok,
here is my point.
All
this chat about technology got me to thinking: If I could invent anything to
make my life a little bit easier, what would it be?
I
think the one invention I could really use would be some sort of transportation
magic that would allow me to either be in multiple places at the same time or
travel quickly. You know, sort of a "Bewitched" wiggle of my
nose and POOF I’ve gone from Egg Harbor to Clifton at the blink of an eye.
Another
thing I thought of was to clone myself! Some days there is just SO much to do
that I could really use another one of me. Could you imagine my shoecloset if that were possible?
If you could invent any one thing to make your work or personal
life easier or more efficient, what would it be?
3 comments:
Voice recognition software that would document objective data in real time so that we would still have both hands free to treat kids in the therapy gym! :)
Speed Travel!
Time travel...so I can have a "do-over" once in a while.
Post a Comment