So, there are a few of you I can count on at every
employee meeting to ask me a question. And when I say count on, I really
mean count on. You guys are the first to raise your hand, and always willing to
fill an awkward pause (although there rarely are any).
I know there are questions that you guys have, and I hope
you know that I truly appreciate when people put it all out there on the table
– especially the tough ones!
Theresa DeFosse (Rehab Tech, New Brunswick) is one of
those people I can rely on when it comes to asking questions, so I asked her
for some help on some blog ideas.
So, I want to share something with you guys. I can see
the number of views that the blog gets, and I’ve noticed that the numbers have
been dropping a bit. I’ve asked you guys for some ideas on things you
want to hear about, but I didn’t get many!
Back to Theresa. She likes to think about it for a bit,
and then will send me an email with some topics or issues. Recently, she sent
me the push on reminding people why voting matters right before Election Day.
You probably saw my email about it, so you can thank her for giving me that boost!
Well, it made me start to think about how much some of us
use friends and trusted advisers to be better—better leaders, colleagues,
parents, children, friends, etc.
I am blessed with trusted colleagues and friends who I
can work through any issues that come up where the path just isn't clear for
me. It is such a gift to have these resources!
Yes, management books and Ted Talks provide tools, but
there is nothing like that trusted friend or colleague who is going to tell you
straight. And definitely nothing like that one person who will raise their hand
and put issues on the table.
So who is that person for you – the person you go to when
you need to work something out? What are the things you value about them? Or
maybe you would be willing to share how you serve as that person for others and
what lessons you have learned from these relationships?
Also, don’t forget to leave me some comments about topics
you want me to talk about at the employee meetings. They are coming up fast!

2 comments:
Donna Provenzano, Kim Harmon, Tara Mohamed, Jana Prokop, (and you!), are my trusted go-to's for perspective, kind directness, and another angle on a puzzle, concern, or hair-brained idea I'm bandying about.
Trina Drayton, who is now per diem but was my supervisor for years, had a mantra she shared with me which I value greatly. She would say, "Don't let it make you lose your peace," when I found myself struggling through something, or caught up in the middle of a hectic day.
Thanks Amy!!!! I think hot pink hair may be a bit too much --- maybe go for a lighter shade of pink. I’m working on my questions for the employee meetings. I will let you know!!!
Theresa
Post a Comment