My deepest thanks to all of you who shared memories of our
last 12 years either on the blog, an email to me personally, or in the many cards
I’ve received from you. You have made me smile, made me tear up, and made me
laugh about things I had forgotten.
I asked that we not do any “good bye” tour because I am not really
leaving, but simply changing my seat. I still intend to be fully engaged in
watching over this family at Children’s Specialized Hospital and know there
will be continued success.
Many of you know I have analogies or expressions that have
been affectionately known as “Amyisms.” Some of the favorites are…
“The juice isn’t
worth the squeeze” – meaning, if you are making fresh orange juice, there
are times that the amount of effort is just not worth it.
Or “That dog won’t
hunt” – meaning no matter how hard you try, there are no natural instincts
and we should stop trying to make a dog do something they just can’t do.
My analogy for my departure came in a conversation with Pat
O’Hanlon (Family Faculty, NB), when she asked me if I was excited about going
to my new position.
I told her it was like when I got married. I was so excited
about being married, and truly couldn’t wait to the start the next chapter of
my life, But I honestly struggled when it came to leave my parents.
See, I knew that marriage was the natural next step and I
would still be close to them (10 miles away), but it still broke my heart to
pack my things and leave their home. I also knew that no matter what happened,
I would always have my home there. The place I grew up and the place that I knew
I would always find love. And although that place would be different, it would
always welcome me back.
That is how I feel as I pack my last boxes.
Children’s Specialized
Hospital will always be home. You taught me to be hospital CEO and more
importantly you taught me to be a better person. Each day you come here with
hope, courage, and expertise that you offer freely to our children and your
colleagues.
To lead a full life, it requires us to be vulnerable; to let
people into our heart and to give ourselves over completely to help find joy in
sadness, healing in illness, and hope in despair.
No matter where I go,
CSH will always be home.
It has been my honor to work side by side each of you. I
wish each of you continued success and my heartfelt thanks to all of you for
letting me part of this amazing family.
Until we meet again,
Amy

24 comments:
Love you!
You will truly be missed. Many blessings on your new journey in life.
Jean A :)
Amy,
I feel truly privileged to have worked side by side with you over the past 12 years. I have learned so much from you and will always treasure our friendship. The best part of this transition for me is that I get to continue to work with and learn from you.
And I promise that we will always welcome you HOME at CSH!
Amy - Wishing you continued success and happiness in your new position! They are so lucky to have you! xo Janet
Amy - you have been an inspiration to so many and an example of genuine leadership. We have been lucky to have you and I'm excited for your new journey. All the best!
I know we have been known about this for a while, but it still feels too soon.
I'm going to miss you. Best wishes in south Jersey - but please visit!!!
For the past few months.... I always wanted to write back, but just couldn't get myself to do it. It was hard to explain how I was feeling. Yesterday, as you told me that today was your last day here, it hit me that there is still so much I wanted to tell you and I ran out of time. Thank you for being you...for all of your love and dedication. You mean so much to us! Wishing you much success and happiness in your new position. We Love You Amy!
Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and many many others at Children's. You truly embody emotional intelligence and I always use you and your actions as examples when explaining this principle to staff. THAT is what makes you such an amazing leader and is what has guided CSH in the path to incredible success! Much success in your new role and I look forward to bumping into you across Plum Street as I did today. {HUGS} - Amanda
Thank you for being an amazing example of servant leadership and for making everyone feel like a special part of the team. You are truly an inspiration and we are lucky to have learned from your example. Good luck on your next step - we are always behind you!
It has been such an honor to work "for" you these past 7 years. I put "for" in quotation marks because you have always made me feel I work along side you despite your being the one in charge! It has been a partnership that has taught me so much as well as inspired me to be the best that I can be. The memory I will always have in my mind and heart is of you on the therapy mat with me and one of our children, getting right down with us as partners in our mission. I wish you all the best in the future and am glad to know you will not be a stranger!
Amy;
Best wishes and continued success. You are truly an amazing leader. Thanks for everything! You will be missed.
Cindy
I wish you all the best in your new position and future. Thank you for all your blogs that brought a chuckle or food for thought to the start of a day. (I'll miss those) Best of luck to a CEO that anyone of us could always share a hug or tear with. :)
Amy - You are just an amazing leader. You have touched so many lives in ways you cant even begin to imagine. It is so fitting that you now can play even a greater leadership role in impacting the lives of many and could do that still staying within our system. For me this is especially heartfelt to see your rise because I have known and worked with you from the early stages of my career in the many paths we have crossed together. You were then and continue to be such an inspiration, incredible leader, mentor and dear friend (not to mention one of the smartest people I have ever worked with). Best to you in your new role. Chuck
First as a student and now as a young professional, I feel so honored to have gotten to know you and witness what a truly wonderful and inspiring leader you are. You have touched so many lives as your compassion and love for our patients, families and staff shine through. I wish you all the best in this new chapter!
Amy
You embody everything that an exceptional inspirational leader should be. Your selfless dedication and commitment to children is palpable in your every word and action.
You are one of the most caring, kind, and thoughtful people I know… From the time you slipped me a post-it with your contact # (just in case I ever needed anything in my previous position:)) to now, when I have had the distinct pleasure of working with you at CSH, I have grown to respect, admire, and care about you even more. I would follow you to the end of the earth…
Wishing you the best of luck and much happiness! You will be missed!
Amy, I'm so excited for you and for us as you begin your new role. I wish you all the very best!! You are part of our family so come home whenever you want or need to. You are part of us and we are part of you!! Promise, keep doing your thing!! I am so excited about the impact you are going to continue to have!! Wishing you all the very best!!
Amy, I have appreciated all of your support over the past 11+ years. I look forward to seeing you when we (finally) open up a site in Cherry Hill :-)
All my best!
Melissa
Amy, I am so sad you are leaving. You have been the ultimate Team leader and cheerleader for Children's. You will be greatly missed! Good Luck with your new endeavor! Tara ♥
Best wishes to you Amy! Thanks for being a wonderful leader and inspiration! Your daily presence at CSH will be missed. Best of luck in your new role.
Grace and peace Amy thanks so much for sharing your love.Ken jones.
Amy,
Thank you for being my mentor and friend. My life has been richer and fuller by working side by side with you. You are the most amazing leader that I have worked with. Your compassion, dedication and work ethic are phenomenal!! Thank you for leading by example and being the very best role model. You have touched so many lives in a positive way and have left an impact on them forever. I wish you the very best in your new role and look forward to seeing you soon.
Much Love,
Donna
Amy- thank you so much for your support and mentoring over the last 12 years. I have grown as a leader because of you. I know you always "had my back". Best of luck in your new role. Joe
Thank you Amy for the incredible amount of support & inspiration you have provided. From day one in my new position you've been a big help-making sure I was welcomed in to the team. From you dragging a bin of water from the kitchen to Auditorium B for Tie Dye because I forgot we needed water...to drumming on djembes with the teens...to sharing the dance floor at FNF events, it has made my job very special & meaningful knowing that the President of CSH not only values our programs, but is part of making them fun & successful! Thank you for all the support over the years, as I feel truly blessed to have worked with you.
With Gratitude,
Kaylee
Amy ... like you I do not want to say goodbye, so on that note, I expect to see you walking through the front doors of the Mountainside lobby once in awhile, in your signature color RED! Thank you for everything, especially for understanding our kids like they were your own. Best heartfelt wishes to you always... Linda
Post a Comment