Thursday, August 21, 2008

Drive Time Songs to Sing Along With

What song makes you turn the music up real load and sing a long? This week while driving I noticed that a certain song came on and I immediately turned it up and started singing out loud.
I always have the radio or CDs on in the car but I hadn't noticed that there are some songs that immediately I turn up, while others just go unnoticed in the background.

So to end the summer I thought I would ask you - what songs make you sing out loud?

There are many for me but this particular one was "What I like about you" and I know one of my colleagues on Senior Leadership will know who it is by but I know it makes me break out in a smile.

How about you?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm probably going to suprise a few people here, but I can't get enough rap and hard rock when I'm driving. The older stuff is great (The Train Song - Quad City DJs) but the new stuff is fine by me too. Nothing gets me going in the morning like a little Linkin Park on my commute up 295. Who needs coffee when you can wake up with Jay-Z or Metallica? Just have to remember to turn the volume down when my son is in the car and switch the CD from Limp Bizkit to Baby Einstein!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy all types of music as long as it has a good beat like something that makes you wanna get up and dance .Beyonce ,Mary j ,Usher, Barry White,Marvin Gaye,Justin Temberlake,the list goes on. Oldees ,New, Classic,Rap. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to work each day my favorite time is after I drop my son off to daycare then get on the parkway going north, I turn up the volume and 30 minutes seems like 10. Where did the time go .When I arrive to work I have a song in my head and it keeps me groove all day long .

Anonymous said...

Amy- The Romantics wrote your song. It is from their Self-Titled Album (the one with the those awesome red leather suits). Could be off a bit but I want to say it was released in 1982.

Anything by U2, 3 Doors Down, Goo Goo Dolls or Matchbox 20 works for me!

Your colleague from SL.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Brian, there is nothing like getting in the car and rocking out to some Linkin Park it gets the blood pumping and totally releases the stress of the day. I have found that even when my daughter drove out with me that she would get into singing along to "mommy's music" and by the time we got home we were completly relaxed and ready to take on the next challenge of the day.

Anonymous said...

There are sooo many songs especially with XM Radio. Anything 70's, 80's, rock, pop, disco or country will have me bust out into song. Some of my favorite sing along songs are: Jesse by Carly Simon, American Land by Bruce Springsteen and anything by Donna Summer. And yes, some always catches me singing off key in my car.

Anonymous said...

Ain't Too Proud to Beg, Thunder Road, and that Talking Heads song about the water (Days Go By???)

Anonymous said...

BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE!
I have many cd's of the concerts I've gone to and listening to them lets me relive the concerts.

Anonymous said...

Scenes From an Italian Restaurant - by Billy Joel! Gotta love Brenda and Eddie!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Jersey Girl - so in the car I definitely need to listen to anything by Bruce Springsteen or Bon Jovi. I also like anything by
U2 or the Eagles to get me through the 1/2 hour commute.