I remember as a child this was always the first assignment during the first week of school.
Depending on the grade level, it was very fun to write an essay or to bring in show and tell from summer vacation. My proudest memory was when I brought in a pearl that I got out of an oyster in Maine. There was a stand where you picked out an oyster, the "magic man" put sand in the oyster and when he opened it there was a pearl.
As I have been going to different sites I have heard wonderful things. Janet Giordano's (PCC/NB) daughter was on the chanmpionship softball team whom won the Babe Ruth World Series 12 U (& under) girls fast pitch softball tournament. Shona Donegan (Dir Speech/Hearing) rode her bike to Montreal. Jill Rebuth (FPl) is having twins!
What did you do on your summer vacation? A trip? A personal goal completed? Maybe we could share the stories on the blog or Friday night at the Beach ball.
Welcome Fall but I truly hope you had a great summer.
7 comments:
LOL thanks Amy for making me blush! This will be memorable summer!
Jill
My Mom turned 80 on August 23 so I went to Indiana to celebrate. She is still playing tennis. Two of my siblings were there also along with Dad.
Went down the shore with my daughter and my sister. Spent quality time. Lost my glasses in the ocean.
I have to say my personal accomplishment this summer is adjusting to life after lap band surgery. When I went into the surgery I was excited but skeptical about the changes that I would have to make in my life. Since April, I am proud to say I am 40 pounds lighter, eating 3 balanced meals and exercising 5 days a week. I took the tool I was given and spent the summer putting it all together. The support and encouragement I have received from my friends and collegues at CSH has been very important during my journey. Thank you!
Amy you never cease to amaze me with the subjects you come up with to get us to share. However, this year and months leading up to the beginning summer were filled with my family loosing close family members. July took the cake with two close losses within 10 days of each other. So needless to say, the summer has been filled with trying to pick up, prop up, take up and generally get up off the floor. But once being up, I spent a quiet August taking Friday's off. This was quite nice affording a nice long weekend each week. I actually went to a wedding in Maryland which was nice sunny day ride down and back and the wedding was a little different...wedding in the front yard and reception in the backyard done at someone's sprawling home and filled with love and laughter (sort of like the 1800'). I didn't actually take vacation yet, but it's down the road in November!! Going home to a school reunion after 40 years!! No age jokes please...that ought to be a hoot.
Thanks for asking and what did you do??
Audrey - Summer went way too fast. I recall as a kid it took forever for Summer to be over but those days are certainly gone. I got some beach time, visited my parents on their vacation in Maine, and read some more Management books :). I didn't take a whole week off and I truly am feeling it as we start the Fall. Lessons learned for next year!
What did I do this past summer? Spent the entire 4 months recuperating from my passing out and falling in my garage, resulting in 5 broken ribs, a 5 day hospital stay, a pacemaker, 2 wks in rehab and discharged just in time to attend my 1st grandson’s wedding, then a month of PT. Upon my return to CSH, I was given a beautiful windbreaker for participating in the Employee Survey. Sheila Pisano had kept it in safe keeping for my return to work filling in for her on Fridays.
I want to thank you and Sr. leadership for keeping my position open all those months so I could come back. It’s only 1 day a week, I know but it means a lot to me. I really enjoy being here working for Judy Potter, Dr. Janvier and her Medical staff. Seeing the dedication of the therapists and the needs of so many children makes me very grateful for all that I have been given in life, especially these past few months. I must say it was a scary time for a while there.
Also, many, many thanks for the beautiful windbreaker. What a nice, thoughtful and practical gift. I’ll be proude to wear it and display the CSH logo. Hopefully, I’ll be asked some interesting questions by those who see me wearing it.
Sorry I’m so late in answering “what did you do this summer?” blog, but I’ve been playing catch up with e-mails, Children’s Chatter, and news in general that I’m just getting around to the fun stuff.
May you continue to be blessed with all the energy and enthusiasm you need to keep C SH moving ahead.
Ethel Brady
Administrative Assistant
LTC Administration & Medical Depts.
Post a Comment