Thursday, October 30, 2014

What should we discuss in our employee meetings?

Next week I start my twice-a-year employee meetings. This is an opportunity to open that line of communication with our senior leadership team and for us to really listen to what’s on your mind — your praises, your concerns, questions, and you all know how much I like a good rumor.

There are of course important topics we need to discuss – topics that are important for you to be aware of – to make these meetings truly beneficial for you, but we want to know what you want to talk about.

Is there something you heard through the grapevine that you’re curious about? A topic that you’ve wanted to discuss for some time now, but haven’t been given the opportunity? We want to know!

This blog has and always will be a vehicle for you to share your meeting input with me – and you can use your name or ask a question anonymously.

Please submit your questions or topics you want us to discuss during our employee meetings. We will do our best to include as many questions/topics as time allows.

Thank you in advance for all of your meeting input and efforts to improve our process. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us would like to talk about the increased cost of our insurance. I feel like everything around me keeps getting more and more expensive and I'm having a hard time providing for my children. Now my health insurance is going up and I have to think about what else I have to give up. I feel that the harder I work year after year, I keep getting more and more in the "hole."

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment above. The jump for price of insurance is very drastic. I was originally thinking about getting the core plus plan, but I don't think there's any way that I'll be getting that now because of how ridiculously expensive it became.

Anonymous said...

I have recently noticed a few very outdated signs in MTS. There are signs at the elevators stating that emergency keys are at the B level guard desk. It is my understanding that there has not been a guard desk on B level in years. I understand that a desk is still in place down there, but the signs are inaccurate and worn out since they are so old.

Anonymous said...

I think we should discuss the importance of either improving our walkie takie system, or replacing it with a more effictive model. The radios used by facilities, environmental service, security, etc, make it difficult for us to communicate because of their very poor performace. Messages are constantly unheard because of static or because only a few words from the message make it through to the other end. This is not an issue of people misuing them (such as not holding the button long enough). I have tried many different ideas, such as holding down the button for much longer than needed, but it does not improve. The issue is the radio/system.

Anonymous said...

Can we discuss creating an annual bonus program for those employees who are not working in a department where incentives are being offered? The bonuses could be offered to those who meet or exceed prespecified performance goals. Annual increases are great when we get them, but when the same small increase is given to all across the board it doesn't motivate employees to go above and beyond. I realize higher increases are also given to those who rate higher on their APR, but honestly 1% or 2% more doesn't really make much of a difference in comparison to the work that one employee may perform over another. Also, it doesn't seem fair that some departments are offered monetary incentives for meeting or exceeding goals when other departments are not given the same opportunity. If we are all expected to work as a TEAM, then those who do should be rewarded for their TEAM efforts!

Anonymous said...

As we continue to grow and expand, I would like to discuss extending primary care services to other sites. Most of our families have no access to qualified pediatricians specialized in the care of children with special needs kids.