Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A girl can never have too many shoes. What’s your weakness?

Do you have a guilty pleasure or collect something you really enjoy? Something that you believe, if compared to others, you would have way more of or feel more strongly about?
 
Well, mine is shoes. I think it may be genetic; my mother has a thing for shoes too.

For me, it’s not just any shoes – my collection is filled with three specific types of shoes.

I have shoes for work – high heels, usually with a 3-inch heel (or higher when I was younger) and many different colors and patterns. On the weekends I wear mules – I love sliding them on without a struggle.Finally, all summer long I’m trotting out in my sandals; usually a flip flop, but with more heft to it.

I am generally pretty conservative in my choice of clothing due to both my personal style and what I think my role as CEO requires. Being able to throw on a pair of high heels allows me to add a little splash of my personality.


So, how about you? What is your “thing” and how do you share it with the world? 

12 comments:

Janice Kelly said...

My weakness is Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper. I know I shouldn't drink it, but I LOVE it!

Matt said...

This man loves sneakers. I will be a senior citizen and still tracking down sneakers to add to the collection. I'd probably get married in sneakers if my wife would let me. the presentation and discussion yesterday were excellent yesterday. The news about China was very exciting. Glad to be on the team.

Tapushi said...

My weakness - Purses and bags. But can a girl really have too many diaper bags? I own more diaper bags than i have space to store them - modern mamma needs hip, fun and still be functional!

megan said...

My "thing" is definitely handbags. I'm not much of a shoe girl, as I tend to wear my shoes until the soles are falling off. But when it comes to handbags, I splurge on staple items that I'll be able to pass down to my children one day (should I have a girls). A good handbag can make or break any outfit in my opinion.

Also Reese's peanut butter cups and Big Cheez-Its. Yummy!!!

Taaliba Warden said...

Shopping is my weakness! When I am sad it makes me better, when I am happy it makes me happier,and when I am tired shopping is my coffee. It can just be going to the grocery store that will give me that fix.

Mary Kelly said...

Shoes, for sure...a trait I also evidently inherited from my mother. I was very worried about coming to work for CSH because I was told I couldn't wear open-toed shoes or sandals...until I realized that meant I could go out and buy...more shoes!!

Nick Rizzo said...

I defintely like sneakers, although I've calmed down lately since I don't have as much use for them now as I used to. My wife and I also like to collect shot glasses from places that we have visited or represent something we enjoy; such as a sports team. I don't have an exact count, but we are up to approximately 50 now.

Nichole said...

My weakness - yarn! All colors, textures... makes me feel warm inside just thinking about what I can create. I see something I like and buy it even though it doesn't have a purpose at that time... just waiting for the perfect project. Now I just need to find a bit more "me" time to use the yarn I have collected!

Anthony Gunn said...

I Love music R & B from the 60's 70's 80's 90's. PS i also like camp town ladies

Anthony Gunn

Cortney said...

I feel a woman can never have enough handbags/purses. I have so many that there are a number in my closet still stuffed with paper and never worn. I get even more excited if I get a good deal on one as well.

Katie Gaven said...

I just saw this and my weakness is ICECREAM. If I see a new ice cream place I have never been to before I will go there within the week. People think I am crazy because it will be below 30 degrees and I will be shivering eating ice cream. Yes, I will definitely sacrifice comfort and warmth for the yummy flavors of moose tracks, ginger snap cookie, M&Ms plain (oh there are way to many to name).

Theresa said...

Boxes. I love boxes and containers and little drawers and almost anything that holds things. But I don't have enough small things to put in them so I have to resist buying more boxes. And I love pots and pans and mixing bowls. I always buy more at super sales days each December.